Thursday, August 21, 2008

Philly Cops

Later on today I have to go to court to support my cousin. The cops claimed he robbed a local Chinese restaurant around the corner and everyone knows he didn't. For one he was at home with us when it supposedly happened. The woman claims he did it because of his beard. I mean come on what black man in Philly doesn't have a sunni these days? I really feel that we as black people really need to stop patronizing their establishments. They don't respect us plus the feel as though we all look alike. When everyone tried to tell her my cousin wasn't the right person she didn't care. She wasn't concerned about finding the right person because to most of them we are all the same. What really got me mad was the fact that the cops came into my home and into y bedroom like get up and go downstairs. When we tried to ask what was going on they said sit down and wait. They were extremely rude and had the nerve to steal. They "allegedly" stole my cousins cell phone, jeans, my MP3 charger and blank Cd's. I mean come on. How can people feel safe to call them for help when they use their badges to commit crimes everyday. I went to the police station knowing they were going to deny it but I had to let them know I knew they stole. When I see a cop or even the cop car it makes me sick and a little nervous. They left the room in disarray and knocked the lamp over onto the couch where it burnt a hole into the cushion and when I moved it the plastic melted onto my hands and burnt me. I still have a nasty scar from it.
It makes me hope nothing happens that I may need police assistance because I probably wouldn't call them. Philadelphia police needs to get it together. Where can we find safety? It makes me understand why people take the law into their own hands. I'm not upholding it because a lot of innocent people get hurt daily because of it but the mistrust in them also makes it a catch 22. We are told that we should help the police to identify the criminals that are destroying our neighborhoods then the same police officers tell who we are. Take the incident in New York where the CI was killed and the next day his picture was on the the cover of the daily news labeled SNITCH. Truth be told some of those same criminals help the elderly or make sure the young girls coming home from work late are safe coming through their blocks. I've seen women cops have relationships with drug dealers and male cops try to pick up young girls. When I was in high school in tenth grade a male cop bothered me everyday walking home from school talking about how sexy I was. The real problem is cops are regular people but with that badge they believe they are superior. Don't get me wrong there are good cops too. The only problem is that who can really decipher one from the other? So they all get the label until their proven wrong.

No comments: